Saturday, January 9, 2010

1 project done, 1 billion to go

I finished a project! and there is a bag of levi's on my floor waiting to be made into a quilt, one slipper done that is lonely for its match, an embroidered table runner waiting to be finished, and a tablecloth that has been accumulating dust for I don't know, 5 years? etc, etc, etc. I got my new laptop back in October, but I didn't get a case to go with it because I thought maybe Santa might get one for me, but alas, I forgot to write Santa a letter and tell him what size. When I got back to Salt Lake I almost got out my little Sony Catalog, but then I realized that I could make myself a case. Here is my best attempt at a crocheted laptop cover. I somehow managed to make it just the right size and I am really happy with how the top flap turned out. The corners rounded much better than I was anticipating and I tuck the little flaps under the chain to keep them down. Not quite as sleek as the sony covers, but I saved myself $25, and I got to watch a few movies while I made it! I think I'm going to line it with some fabric so that things don't poke through the yarn and scratch it. And maybe I'll do that tonight while I watch another movie by myself instead of going on a date. I'm like a cat lady, without any cats......



No comments:

Post a Comment