Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scary Morning

I went to my 14 week prenatal today. The doctor put the dopplar on my tummy to listen to the heart tones. Nothing. For FIVE minutes, he moved it around and listened, and changed position, and listened. Nothing. He then scheduled an ultrasound for 9 a.m. tomorrow morning (the tech isn't in on Tuesdays) but asked if I had a few minutes if I could just wait in the waiting room for a while. He said he wanted me to come back in, in about 15-20 minutes so he could see if maybe the baby was tucked behind the placenta or something and had moved. Sure enough, when I went back in, there was the heartbeat! What a HUGE, intense relief. But what a roller-coaster for my emotions this morning! He still wants me to go in tomorrow morning, just to double check. So I get an early ultrasound. I'll keep you all posted. And just FYI, Clayton is 90th percentile for Height & Head circumference. 50th for weight. Looks like he's getting long & lean & smart like his daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment