Sunday, June 7, 2009

Missouri Church History Trip

Our ward went on a church history trip to Missouri last weekend.  Our stops included Independence, Liberty Jail, Fishing River, Far West, and Adam-ondi-Ahmen. Although I'd been to most of the sites before with our family, I was glad I did decide to go with my ward.  It was good to be reminded of what the early saints went through.

Me and Lars at Adam-ondi-Ahman: I couldn't be outdone by Taffy, so I had to post a picture of me with a boy to the blog.  (note: my relationship status on Facebook has not changed)

Me at the Fishing River:  Not your usually church history stop, but it is part of the Zion's Camp story.

Me and Eliza at Far West: (In the background Eliza's frenemy and the jerk - there was a little bit of high school drama happening on the bus. It made me laugh and I was glad I was able to avoid it for the most part.) 

Shopping! My favorite part of all trips!
James Mercantile was down the street from Liberty Jail.  I took Eliza shopping with me to distract her.  It was fun trying on the dress, but I am thankful I didn't have to spend the rest of the afternoon in something like that.  It was a warm day, so it made me happy to live in the age of t-shirts.
Me and Mark at Spring Hill
 
We chose a good weekend to go, It was green and lovely. I can definitely see how that area could have been the Garden of Eden at one time.



No comments:

Post a Comment